Gynaecological Medicine & Surgery
Gynaecological Medicine & Surgery Services Performed by a UK-Trained Specialist
Gynaecology focuses on diagnosis and treatment of the conditions affecting the female reproductive system (vagina, uterus, and ovaries). Such conditions include:
- Cancer and pre-cancerous diseases of the reproductive organs including ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, vagina, and vulva
- Amenorrhea (absent menstrual periods)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual periods)
- Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual periods); a common indication for hysterectomy
- Prolapse of pelvic organs
- Infections of the vagina (vaginitis), cervix and uterus (including fungal, bacterial, viral, and protozoal)
- UTI and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Premenstrual Syndrome
Euracare offers world-class gynaecology services performed by a UK-trained specialist.
Our specialist has extensive expertise and experience in all major gynaecological diagnostic and surgical procedures, including:
- Pap smear (screening test for cervical cancer)
- Diagnostic & operative hysteroscopy (examination of the uterus)
- Transcervical resection of fibroids (removal of fibroids inside the uterus)
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy (removal of the urinary bladder)
- Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis (removal of abnormal tissue growing outside the uterus)
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy (removal of a Fallopian tube)
- Laparoscopic adhesiolsiys (removal of adhesions)
- Surgical management of miscarriage
- Insertion of contraceptive implant
- Insertion of intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD)
At Euracare, these procedures are performed using minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy. The benefits of minimally invasive surgery over “traditional”, open surgery are many and significant:
- Small incisions, few incisions, or no incision
- Less pain
- Low risk of infection
- Short hospital stay
- Quick recovery time
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood loss
Euracare’s integrated Operating Theater is specially configured for minimally invasive surgery and is equipped with such equipment as an Olympus surgical microscope, a Siemens C-Arm and a laparoscopy suite.
Euracare also offers the pioneering technique of non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. This minimally invasive, clinically-proven technique uses radiofrequency energy to safely heat tissue, resulting in immediately tighter and younger-looking skin and production of new and tighter collagen in the labia and vagina.
The procedure is essentially painless (comparable to a transvaginal ultrasound) and takes less than an hour. The effects of a 3-session course last 9 to 12 months and the procedure can be safely repeated over the course of years.
Non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation can relieve the following conditions:
- Loose tissue due to aging, obesity or deliveries
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Lack of sensations during sexual intercourse
- Enhance sex for you and your partner
- Restore comfort when wearing tight clothing
- Enhance self-confidence and overall sense of well-being
Euracare also offers Breast Surgery Services from a UK-trained surgeon.
An accurate diagnosis is critical in determining the patient’s exact condition and designing the appropriate treatment course. For this, our specialist relies on Euracare’s world-class medical imaging and diagnostic equipment:
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- 64-Slice CT
- Digital X-ray
- Ultrasound Systems
- Clinical Laboratory
- Endoscopy suite
October Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
Euracare and Access Bank are proud to announce a collaboration to make Women’s Healthcare affordable!
Our receptionist will contact you within 24h during working days.